viernes, 7 de septiembre de 2012

Time for change...

One of my first animation teachers said to us in class: you have to learn how to kill your babies... 


I killed a few of mine over the last month, for good (they weren't smart enough!). The main ones are:

- Story
- The character of the old man
- Most of the environment
- Potentially the name "San José", which will affect the title of this blog too... 


Reincarnation: 

- New story
- New main character
- New and simpler environment 
- Probably a new name

What stays? And what comes back? 

- Huesos stays, but this time as a supporter for the main character
- The Mexican inspired town stays, but without the Mexican tale
- The topic of death stays, but not as a main story point
- There is an old man, but new version, new person, new everything

Since I started thinking about my gradfilm I came up with a lot of ideas, that were shaped over and over again, some of them were ignored for my last solid story, but most of them are back and make the new story stronger and more engaging for me: 

- Passion for your craft
- A given chance to build your last creation, that will be your own coffin
- The death as a mentor
- Sarcastic and tricky elegant grim reaper (Huesos) 
- Magical realism and classic scenarios



I'm still shaping this new idea, writing it down and trying to explain it to myself in words in order to explain it to other people in a simple way.  I will post it here soon...

Fernando

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario